If you qualify for another family benefit or tax benefit then it is likely that you will qualify for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule if you have children.
This benefit includes:
- A $1,000 benefit to be used over 2 years
- Dental coverage for children aged from 2-17
The benefit will be running through Medicare, just like the teen dental vouchers did, and will enable easy virtual access for patients to check their balance. The procedures covered by the benefit or CDBS as it has been abbreviated will include general dental procedures like fillings, check-ups and cleans.
More treatments that are covered by the CDBS include:
- X-rays that are required (performed in practice)
- Fissure sealants
- Some extractions
- Partial dentures
- IV sedation (claimable one every 12 month period)
- Oral sedation (children’s dental anxiety treatment)
How can I apply for the Child Dental Benefit?
You should have received a letter in the mail if you are eligible, however if you think you may be eligible and did not then you can visit the Department of Human Services in person or on their website.
After being approved you will be able to book an appointment and check your balance in between appointments
Once you have booked an appointment by calling 02 8417 2962, you will be able to check your balance before and in between appointments. The best way to do this is:
- Ask our team to check your balance during your dental appointment
- Check your balance online by logging into your gov account
- Call Human Services on 132 150
When you’re approved and ready please book an appointment with justSMILE in Ramsgate Beach near Kogarah, Rockdale and Sutherland Shire, South Sydney.