Hurstville Dental Clinic
justSMILE – your local dental clinic that serves the Sydney suburb of Hurstville. We offer a full range of family and cosmetic dental treatments, along with hours to suit your needs. Our mission is to make your visit enjoyable and to help you maintain the optimal level of dental health.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures at the Hurstville Dental Clinic
- Crowns are often used to restore a decayed tooth, protect weak teeth, restore broken teeth and protect the underlying tooth from further damage. These tooth-shaped caps help to restore your teeth and improve your smile. They can also be used to brighten your smile and are a popular option for cosmetic smile makeovers. Read more about porcelain crowns here.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are attached to the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They are an awesome way to restore broken, chipped or teeth and also for smile makeovers if options like teeth whitening have failed to give you the results you want. Veneers are one of dentistry’s ultimate combination of dental art and science, handcrafted and customized to fit your smile. Veneers can make a major difference if you’re unhappy with the colour, shape, or size of your teeth.
- White fillings have become very popular when we need to correct some decay or replace an older gray amalgam filling. White fillings are cosmetic dental prosthetics which are used to restore the natural structure and appearance of teeth. The dental filling material is called composite resin and can be colour matched to the colour of your natural teeth.
- Teeth whitening services are a great way to brighten your teeth several shades lighter in a single visit. Having bright white teeth makes for an attractive healthy appearance. Teeth whitening is one of our most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments. This cosmetic treatment can whiten your teeth for a dramatically brighter, uniform smile and a major boost in self-confidence You should know that tooth whitening is not permanent. Every few years, you may need a touch-up, depending if you smoke, drink coffee, soft drinks, tea, or wine among other things. Reasons why people have their teeth whitened include yellow or brown stained teeth, stained teeth due to medications (ex. Tetracycline) and fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development).
- Dental implants are a great solution if you have lost one or more teeth to disease or decay. Today, they are considered the standard of care for prosthetic replacement of missing teeth in dentistry. A dental implant is a surgical fixture that is placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone over the span of a few months. The dental implant acts as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth. Each tooth is shaped and shaded to match your real teeth so you feel more confident in your appearance.
Emergency Dental Services
Emergency dental services are available for those inconvenient times. Are you experiencing a massive pain in your teeth that’s not going away or even getting worse over time? Maybe you had a traumatic injury which damaged one or more teeth? These situations can be scary, but no worries, relief is close by. Ring justSMILE right away when you need quality emergency care. Our dental team have the training and experience needed to provide effective treatment for a wide variety of urgent situations. We allow for emergency visits in our schedule, and our team will be sure to accommodate you ASAP.
We place the highest importance on dental emergencies, because the pain can be distressing and unbearable. Our emergency dental team will schedule you in as soon as possible.
Our reception staff are highly experienced and can walk you through what to do to provide some temporary relief until you can make it into our dental clinic. Please contact emergency services if you require hospitalisation.
Patients in need of an emergency dentist in Hurstville are always welcomed, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Types of tooth emergencies include:
- A broken tooth.
- Knocked out tooth.
- Crown falling off.
- Chipped tooth.
- Severe toothache.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold.
General Dental Services
- Root canals, sometimes known as root canal therapy or endodontic treatment, is a treatment that is necessary when a tooth has become severely infected, and a normal filling is not going to correct the issue. Once a tooth becomes infected, immediate treatment is needed, otherwise the pulp and the nerves of the tooth become compromised. During this procedure, the infected pulp is removed from the tooth and replaced with an inert medical grade material which restores the strength of your tooth root.
- Wisdom teeth removal The experienced dental team at justSMILE can remove your wisdom teeth with care and ease. The removal of wisdom teeth is a highly common procedure. We’ll normally have you in and out in a single visit so you can get on with your life. This is a common procedure for those undergoing orthodontic treatment like Invisalign where we need to make more room for your teeth to move into the ideal location.
Orthodontics – Invisalign
Invisalign is a popular treatment for Sydneysiders if you’re bothered about having misaligned teeth, or your orthodontist recommends having clear aligners to correct your bite. justSMILE is a preferred Invisalign provider serving the suburbs of Sydney. Invisalign is one of the most innovative and affordable orthodontic treatment available for both adults and teenagers and gives results similar to traditional braces but without the pain and awkwardness. Invisalign corrects the same issues with your teeth as you would with traditional metal braces – the only difference being that the aligner trays are almost invisible, and can be removed when you need to eat and brush your teeth.
Some of the more common complaints corrected with Invisalign include:
- Overcrowding of teeth (which can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease)
- Large gaps between teeth (diastemas)
- Cross bites (when upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth)
- Underbites (when the lower teeth project further than the upper teeth).
Benefits of Invisalign include:
- Almost invisible (no need for metal brackets and wires)
- They are removable for when you eat or clean your teeth
- Treatment time in as little as 90 days
- Less pain and discomfort than traditional braces.
Getting to Our Practice
Located in Southern Sydney, just a few steps away from the Ramsgate Beach Community Centre at the intersection of Ramsgate Rd and The Grand Parade. We’re close to Rotary Park and Ramsgate Public School.