Dr Rammo and his highly trained staff at justSMILE are dedicated to giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Sydney’s popular family and cosmetic dentist provides everything you need to keep your smile beautiful, from standard preventative care and check and cleans to tooth coloured fillings and dental crowns.
As a cosmetic dentist located near Surry Hills, justSMILE also proudly offers Invisalign, porcelain and composite resin veneers, teeth whitening, gum contouring, and smile makeovers. For people that might be afraid of visiting the dentist, rest assured that Dr Rammo offers sedation dentistry and has created a calm, spa-like environment for his practice. We understand that your smile means a lot to your overall wellness and happiness, so we offer the most advanced dental care in a relaxed setting. Our commitment to a caring approach produces dazzling smiles and long-lasting oral health.
Surry Hills Cosmetic Dentistry
Today’s advanced dentistry offers more options than ever before to help you restore and maintain the best level of oral health. The strength and appearance of materials continues to improve, as does the skills of your local dental team. Dr Rammo focuses on utilising the best techniques for comprehensive care, even returning mouths full of dental issues to full health.
Teeth can get damaged due to cavities, trauma, heavy bite forces and general wear and tear. If a root canal is done to salvage a damaged nerve, the tooth may be especially fragile and can leave teeth in danger of loss if treatment is not performed. Dental crowns, (sometimes known as caps) allow these teeth to be rebuilt and covered with materials that look like your natural teeth. Due to the wide variety of colours available, the caps can be matched to the colour of your natural teeth, or even whiter as part of a smile makeover solution. Capped teeth look the same as your natural teeth, plus they’re also extremely secure and comfortable.
Crowns can be crafted to repair a single tooth, multiple teeth (including the entire mouth), or in conjunction with dental implants to fill a space. In fact, when missing teeth enter the equation, special consideration might be given to placing a dental bridge or implants Read more about porcelain crowns here.
Porcelain veneers are an awesome way to restore broken, chipped or teeth and also for smile makovers if options like teeth whitening have failed to give you the results you want. They are stronger and more durable than composite resin veneers and last 10 to 15 years, while composite resin veneers last between five and seven years. Porcelain veneers are able to resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the pleasing light reflecting properties of natural teeth.
What Type of Problems Do Porcelain Veneers Correct?
- Teeth that are discoloured — either because of root canal treatment, aging, stains from particular drugs, or the presence of large resin fillings that have discoloured the tooth.
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped
- Teeth with gaps between them
Read more about porcelain veneers here.
Everyone loves a whiter smile – it projects confidence and good health. Don’t let the colour of your teeth hold you back. We use the popular Zoom teeth whitening system that has been perfected for decades and can give you an incredible white smile in about an hour. Our teeth whitening service is able to make your teeth several shades lighter in a single visit. Having bright white teeth appear attractive and healthy. Genetics, age and diet can cause your teeth to dull, however in a single visit, we can restore that dazzling smile.
Our patients have told us that having whiter teeth is the number one cosmetic concern. While there are a number of ways to whiten teeth, our most popular method is Phillips Zoom whitening system. Tooth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel, so as part of your free consultation, we will evaluate replacement of any old fillings, crowns so they will match the newly bleached teeth.
Tooth whitening is not permanent. A touch-up maybe needed every few years, depending if you you smoke, drink coffee, soft drinks, tea, or wine among other things.
Reasons for Tooth Bleaching
- Yellow, brown stained teeth.
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer (aging).
- Stained teeth due to medications (ex. Tetracycline).
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development).
Dental implants are a popular method to replace missing teeth as well as provide a permanent solution to removable partial or complete dentures. Implants have advanced over the years and now provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
Dental implants are made up of an artificial titanium root and a post that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by our dentist who understand how to correctly place the implant for maximum effect and stability. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile.
Dental implants have been proven to be very strong, and will last many years.
Reasons to Have Dental Implants
- Replace one or more missing teeth and supporting the jaw structure.
- Resolve bite problems or joint pain when teeth have shifted into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
Dental implants are a great solution if you have lost one or more teeth to disease or decay. They look and feel just like your natural teeth.Read more about dental implants here.
For most patients, having straight teeth means a terrific smile. Properly aligned teeth are actually healthier. Crooked, overlapping, or rotated teeth make it difficult to properly clean your teeth. This means that bits of food and plaque accumulate in the tiny spaces that your toothbrush and floss can’t reach. In turn, this can lead to cavities and inflamed, diseased gums. Helping even a few teeth find their proper place can leave you with improved oral health.
Straightening teeth with orthodontics isn’t just for teenagers. Many adults are great candidates – it’s never too late to discuss the options for a fabulous straight smile. If you’re not sure about having a mouth full of “train track” traditional braces, don’t worry. Invisible braces are very popular and can work extremely well for many cases.
Orthodontics involves teeth straightening and jaw alignment, combining beauty and function. Identifying problems early in development may allow easier treatment with better results, but it’s never too late to discuss ways to enhance a smile!
Invisalign is a popular choice for people living in Surry Hills looking to correct crooked teeth. justSMILE is a preferred Invisalign provider. Invisalign is one of the most innovative and affordable orthodontic treatment available for both adults and teenagers and gives results similar to traditional braces but without the pain and awkwardness.
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of customised aligning trays. We change out these trays every few weeks to fit the new tooth configuration. In addition to being almost invisible, the trays can be temporarily removed for important occasions like having the photos taken. You can also take them out before eating – just be sure to brush your teeth before putting them back in. A great number of people report complete satisfaction with both the Invisalign treatment and the stunning results. You wear the aligners for about 22 hours a day, even while you’re asleep.
What Dental Issues Does Invisalign Correct?
Invisalign corrects the same dental problems as you would with traditional metal braces. The only difference being that the aligner trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed when you need to eat and brush your teeth. Some of the more common complaints corrected with Invisalign:
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Surry Hills General and Emergency Dental Services
- Emergency dental services are available when you need us most. For your convenience, we offer same day treatment for dental emergencies which can be very painful and usually requires immediate treatment. If you have an issue like a broken tooth, a crown that fell off or an abscess, ring our friendly office and we’ll schedule you in ASAP. With our years of experience, we’ve seen all the dental emergencies imaginable, so call us and we will do everything we can to make sure your emergency is taken care of ASAP. Our team has special training on dealing with dental emergencies, so we can help you address some of the most urgent dental issues promptly. We have extended hours and appointments just to deal with emergency cases.
- Same day wisdom teeth removal might be necessary due to overcrowding or impacted teeth. There is little you can do to prevent impacted wisdom teeth, which are trapped/stuck between the jawbone and gum tissue, because they are unable to fully erupt and grow normally in your mouth. Severe pain is a symptom of an impacted wisdom tooth. Other symptoms may include jaw tenderness, red and swollen gums around the tooth, bad taste, and bad breath. Prior to having orthodontic treatment, we may recommended having your wisdom teeth removed to allow for better movement of your teeth for the best positioning.
- Root canals / root canal therapy is often used when a tooth becomes infected beyond what can be fixed with a regular filling. The area inside the tooth is called the dental pulp, which contains the nerves, connective tissue, and blood vessels. All of the sensitive areas of the tooth are contained here. If this area becomes infected it can be incredibly painful, requiring immediate treatment. Our dentist can perform a root canal quickly and get you back on with your life without pain. With today’s modern technology, we’re able to perform a root canal with minimal pain and discomfort.
- White fillings A white (tooth-coloured) filling is used to repair a tooth that is has been affected due to decay or cracks. The decayed portion of the tooth will be removed and then filled with a white filling. Some people don’t care for the older gray amalgam material, so we also offer an option to replace older fillings with white ones that will match the natural color of your teeth. Many of our patients who have a cavity now have a choice if they want to show people a mouth full of dark metal fillings or keep their smile bright and with white tooth-coloured fillings.
Getting to Our Practice
The practice is across the road from Westfield Bondi Junction, near Syd Enfield Dr, Newland St. It’s also close to Cooper Park and Centennial Park.
About Surry Hills
- Population (approx.): 16,000
- Geo coordinates: -33.8861, 151.2111
- Postcode: 2010
Nearby Shopping Centres
- Westfield Bondi Junction
Railway Stations Close By
- Regent Street railway station
- Woollahra railway station
- Bondi Junction railway station
- Edgecliff railway station
If you live or work in any of the following suburbs, we invite you to call our office and schedule your free consultation.
- Redfern is to the south-west.
- Haymarket is to the north-west.
- Darlinghurst is 1 km to the north-east.
- Chippendale is 1 km to the west.
- Ultimo is 1 km to the north-west.
- Alexandria is 1 km to the south-west.
- Paddington is 1 km to the east.
- Sydney is 2 km to the north.
- Elizabeth Bay is 2 km to the north-east.
- Zetland is 2 km to the south.
- Sydney Central Business District is 2 km to the north.
- Woollahra is 2 km to the east.
There are heaps of great schools in the area. We often see teens and college aged kids in our practice who are looking to get treatments such as Invisalign. Some of the local schools in the area include:
- Sydney Grammar School which is on College St.
- Sydney Girls High School which is on Cnr Anzac Parade and Cleveland Street.
- St Aloysius’ College which is on 47 Upper Pitt Street.
- Sydney Distance Education High School which is on 38-68 Forbes Street.
- Sydney Boys High School which is on 556 Cleveland Street,.
- St Vincent’s College which is on Rockwall Crescent.
- Brigidine College which is on 6 Aeolia Street.
- Newington College which is on 200 Stanmore Road.
Things to Do and See Near Surry Hills
When not hard at work, local residents take time out to enjoy the wonderful outside views we have to offer around NSW.
- Trumper Park Oval (near Cameron Street and Glebe Street) is a sporting oval in Paddington, named in honour of Victor Trumper.
- Westfield Bondi Junction (near Oxford Street and Waverley Street) is a large, upmarket shopping centre.
- Bishopscourt, Darling Point (near Greenoaks Avenue and South Avenue) is a historic house.
- White City Stadium (Sydney) (near Glenmore Road and Cambridge Lane) is a tennis venue in Rushcutters Bay.
- Tumbalong Park which is on 11 Harbour Street.
- Hyde Park which is on Elizabeth Street.
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney which is on Mrs Macquaries Road.
- Wynyard Park which is on 1001 York Street.
- Yarranabbe Park which is on New Beach Road.
By Adam.J.W.C. – Own work, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8943755