At justSMILE we honour our patients’ trust and strive to enrich the lives of others in and around Waverley through improving oral health and performing impeccable cosmetic and restorative dental work. We are here to serve the community and maintain the highest reputation in our field.
Our practice’s guiding principals:
- Legendary patient experience and customer service.
- Use the state of the art technology for unparalleled care, skill and results.
- High quality relationship-based dentistry.
We are a cosmetic dentist in Waverley that offers services like Invisalign®, porcelain and composite veneers, dental implants, zoom teeth whitening, sleep apnoea treatment and more. We are also an emergency dentist in Waverley. Our general dental services include root canals, crowns, sedation dentistry, and bridges. As a local dentist in Waverley, we create lifelong relationships with our patients and their families and work to ensure that they receive treatments in a comfortable and relaxed environment. Below are some of the services offered at the practice.
Waverley Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental crowns (also known as caps) can be used as part of a smile makeover or to restore the shape and size of teeth after they have been damaged. Dental caps also offer protection from further damage. Dental crowns are a proven and popular option for restoring damaged teeth since the technology has advanced over the years along with the stunning results they present.
If you have damaged a tooth, the enamel will not restore or heal by itself, but we can help to protect and restore a tooth with a dental crown. Crowns are a versatile treatment which can protect a weak tooth from infection, restore a damaged tooth, hold a dental bridge in place and provide a great, natural appearance.
Crowns can be crafted to repair a single tooth, multiple teeth (including the entire mouth), or in conjunction with dental implants to fill a space. In fact, when missing teeth enter the equation, special consideration might be given to placing a dental bridge or implants Read more about porcelain crowns here.
A dental veneer is a porcelain shell that our experienced cosmetic dentist uses to enhance the size, shape and shade of a tooth. Dental veneers form a big part of our smile makeovers and dental restorations.
If your teeth are chipped, discoloured or a little bit crooked, then dental veneers may be the perfect solution for you. Made of a thin porcelain shell, dental veneers blend in with your surrounding teeth for a uniform appearance, or even transform your smile, making it whiter and brighter than before.
We can accomplish a variety of issues with dental veneers including:
- Closing gaps
- Make teeth even in length
- Cover dark stains
- Create a uniform looking smile.
Our patients love how the veneers make their teeth look. This procedure is a time tested and effective solution, since veneers can transform your smile into one that looks perfect and beautiful. Veneer are placed over your natural teeth, so there is no need for surgery, and we’re usually done in 2 visits with a minimal recovery time. Since the veneers are made of porcelain, they look just like real teeth, only brighter. Since porcelain is a stain resistant material, your teeth will stay whiter and brighter, even if you drink lots of dark drinks like soft drinks, tea, coffee or red wine!
Read more about porcelain veneers here.
Teeth Whitening Services
If you live in or around Waverley, you can benefit from a teeth whitening procedure at our local dental office. justSMILE is known for improving the appearance of our patients’ smiles. We often recommend a teeth bleaching procedure because it’s one of the easiest, quickest and most popular way to transform your smile for that special event or for refreshing your smile.
Heaps of people have their teeth whitened on a regular basis which makes them look and feel great. As we age, it’s common for teeth to become dulled and yellow in appearance. Some of this is down to age as well as what a person eats and drinks. Coffee, tea, soft drinks and wine can stain your teeth. Smoking and eating foods that contain dark food colouring can also stain your teeth. If you brush your teeth immediately after eating and drinking, it can slow down or help to prevent stains, but over time, it’s typically not enough to remove the risk entirely. Fortunately, stained and yellow teeth don’t have to stay that way when you make an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Patients are usually in an out in about an hour with their smile up to 6 shades lighter in a single visit.
Read more about our Zoom teeth whitening service here.
For many patients, dental implants can be an ideal solution when it comes to replacing damaged or missing teeth. In addition to restoring the functionality of teeth, they also provide a great new look as well.
While it’s easy to assume that the gap from losing a permanent adult tooth can remain empty, an exposed tooth socket increases the risk of infection. In addition, a gap can cause neighbouring teeth to shift out of alignment along with other issues. When you have a dental implant, it helps prevent many oral health issues.
When it comes to addressing missing teeth, you do have other options such as bridges, full or partial dentures. When you come in for your free smile assessment, we will clearly explain your options.
Dental implants also help to prevent your facial structure from changing, providing the functionality needed to perform the same as before the original tooth was damaged. The finished product looks and feels just like your natural teeth.
Dental implants are a great solution if you have lost one or more teeth to disease or decay. They look and feel just like your natural teeth.Read more about dental implants here.
If you are looking for a sturdy, lasting, and discreet replacement tooth, then call us to learn more about our dental implant procedures today.
For most patients, having straight teeth means a terrific smile. Properly aligned teeth are actually healthier. Crooked, overlapping, or rotated teeth make it difficult to properly clean your teeth. This means that bits of food and plaque accumulate in the tiny spaces that your toothbrush and floss can’t reach. In turn, this can lead to cavities and inflamed, diseased gums. Helping even a few teeth find their proper place can leave you with improved oral health.
Straightening teeth with orthodontics isn’t just for teenagers. Many adults are great candidates – it’s never too late to discuss the options for a fabulous straight smile. If you’re not sure about having a mouth full of “train track” traditional braces, don’t worry. Invisible braces are very popular and can work extremely well for many cases.
Orthodontics involves teeth straightening and jaw alignment, combining beauty and function. Identifying problems early in development may allow easier treatment with better results, but it’s never too late to discuss ways to enhance a smile!
Invisalign is a popular choice for people living in Waverley looking to correct crooked teeth. Invisalign is one of the most innovative and affordable orthodontic treatment available for both adults and teenagers and gives results similar to traditional braces but without the pain and awkwardness.
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of customised aligning trays. We change out these trays every few weeks to fit the new tooth configuration. In addition to being almost invisible, the trays can be temporarily removed for important occasions like having the photos taken. You can also take them out before eating – just be sure to brush your teeth before putting them back in. A great number of people report complete satisfaction with both the Invisalign treatment and the stunning results. You wear the aligners for about 22 hours a day, even while you’re asleep.
What Dental Issues Does Invisalign Correct?
Some of the more common complaints corrected with Invisalign:
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Waverley Emergency Dental Services
An emergency dentist provides urgent dental care for issues such as toothaches, infection, damaged or knocked teeth and more.
Dental accidents and emergencies happen at the most inconvenient time and include things like an infection, tooth decay, damaged teeth, trauma to the mouth and more. Get the care you need by contacting your local emergency dentist.
If you wait too long to see an emergency dentist, it will only increase the chance of the issue causing further and perhaps irreversible damage. By seeking treatment with us, we will provide the treatment needed to help prevent further damage or tooth loss. Our goal is to save as many natural teeth as possible while preserving the patient’s oral health.
You may need to come in for an emergency dental visit if you:
- Have a toothache, and even after brushing, rinsing and flossing it still hurts.
- Had a tooth knocked out
- Have a gum, tongue or inner cheek injury and the bleeding will not stop.
- Have broken or lose tooth.
- Have chipped a tooth.
- Lost a filling or crown
Getting to Our Practice
From Waverley, hop on to Queens Park Rd towards Newland St, then head north towards Westfield Bondi Junction. Turn left on Grafton St, then right on Vernon street under Sydney Enfield Dr. We are also near to Harbourview Park.
- Population (approx.): 5,000
- Geo coordinates: -33.90, 151.25
- Postcode: 2024
Nearby Shopping Centres
- Westfield Bondi Junction
Railway Stations Close By
- Convention Centre.
- Wansey Road.
- Royal Randwick.
- UNSW High Street.
- UNSW ANZAC Parade.
- ES Marks.
If you live or work in any of the following suburbs, we invite you to call our office and schedule your free consultation.
- Queens Park is to the west.
- Bronte is to the east.
- Bondi is 1 km to the north-east.
- Bondi Junction is 1 km to the north-west.
- Tamarama is 1 km to the east.
- Clovelly is 1 km to the south.
- Randwick is 1 km to the south.
- Centennial Park is 2 km to the west.
- Woollahra is 2 km to the north-west.
- Coogee is 2 km to the south.
- Bellevue Hill is 2 km to the north.
- Bondi Beach is 2 km to the north-east.
- Double Bay is 2 km to the north-west.
- North Bondi is 2 km to the north-east.
- Paddington is 2 km to the north-west.
- Edgecliff is 2 km to the north-west.
- Moore Park is 3 km to the west.
- South Coogee is 3 km to the south.
- Darling Point is 3 km to the north-west.
There are heaps of great schools in the area. We often see teens and college aged kids in our practice who are looking to get treatments such as Invisalign. Some of the local schools in the area include:
- St Clare’s College
- Waverley College
- St Catherine’s School
- Pennant Hills High School.
Things to Do and See Near Waverley
When not hard at work, local residents take time out to enjoy the wonderful outside views we have to offer around NSW.
- Bronte House (near Gardyne Street and St. Thomas Street) is an historic house in the Sydney suburb of Bronte.
- Trumper Park Oval (near Cameron Street and Glebe Street) is a sporting oval in Paddington, named in honour of Victor Trumper.
- Bronte Beach (near Bronte Marine Drive and Bayview Street) is a small but popular recreational beach in the eastern suburbs.
- Westfield Bondi Junction (near Oxford Street and Waverley Street) is a large, upmarket shopping centre.
- Bishopscourt, Darling Point (near Greenoaks Avenue and South Avenue) is a historic house.
- White City Stadium (Sydney) (near Glenmore Road and Cambridge Lane) is a tennis venue in Rushcutters Bay.
- Tumbalong Park which is on 11 Harbour Street.
- Hyde Park which is on Elizabeth Street.
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney which is on Mrs Macquaries Road.
- Wynyard Park which is on 1001 York Street.
- Yarranabbe Park which is on New Beach Road.
Image by J Bar – Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3147752