Welcome to your local dental practice serving the Sydney suburb of Woollahra. With a convenient location near the Bondi Railway Station, and with hours to suit your lifestyle, we’ll make your visit easy and take care of all of your dental needs, whether cosmetic, emergency or family dentistry. We are across the road from Westfield Bondi Junction.
Dedication to giving you the smile that you have always wanted is the first priority of the staff at justSMILE. Our dentist and staff are highly trained to provide you with everything needed to give you a healthy and strong smile. Our office offers everything from standard preventative care, dental crowns, dental implants, to orthodontics using Invisalign. Our office is proud to offer cosmetic dental treatment such as teeth whitening, composite resin and porcelain veneers, gum contouring, Invisalign and smile makeovers. For those who think that they are the only ones afraid of going to the dentist, rest assured, you are not alone. sedation dentistry is available for you!
A smile can bring a tremendous amount of confidence in addition to overall happiness and wellness. Our office offers the most advanced dental care to you in a relaxed setting. Our commitment to our clients is one that produces both a beautiful smile as well as long-lasting oral health. justSMILE offers a wide variety of dental services from family and emergency to cosmetic. An outline is provided below to some of the services that are offered at our practice.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Chipped or broken teeth? Dull smile? In need of a smile makeover? A cosmetic dentist can help you explore different options that are available. Looks should not come before dental health, which is why the first step to making your smile awesome is to make sure that the underlying tooth structure is strong. The trained dental team at justSMILE understands how to get the best looking smile while keeping your mouth in the best possible health.
- Crowns are used to restore a decayed tooth and protect the underlying tooth from further damage. They can also be used to brighten your smile as part of a smile makeover. Read more about porcelain crowns here.
- Porcelain veneers are an awesome way to restore broken, chipped or teeth and also for smile makeovers if options like teeth whitening have failed to give you the results you want.
Teeth Whitening Service
A whiter smile projects both confidence and good health, and with the technology of today, a brighter smile can be easily achieved. The colour of your teeth shouldn’t hold you back. Our office uses the popular Phillips Zoom Teeth Whitening System. This system, which has been perfected for decades, is able to give you an incredible white smile in under an hour. Your teeth can become several shades lighter in just one visit!
Genetics, age and diet can cause everyone’s teeth to become dull over time, however in one single visit, your smile can be transformed from dull to dazzling.
Having whiter teeth is one of the top cosmetic concerns from many of our patients. During your free consultation our staff will evaluate the replacement of any old fillings and crowns so that they will match the newly whitened teeth. Teeth whitening is not permanent and will need to be touched up every few years. Especially if you smoke, drink coffee, soft drinks, tea or wine.
Some reasons why people have their teeth bleached include:
- Brown or yellow stained teeth.
- Aging or normal wear of the outer tooth layer.
- Stained teeth due to medications (ex. Tetracycline).
- Excessive fluoridation during tooth development (fluorosis).
Call us today to learn more about our teeth whitening service. You’ll love your smile, and you’ll love how convenient and easy we’ve made it for you!
Invisalign Orthodontic Treatment in Woollahra
Invisalign is a popular choice for people living in the Woollahra area who are looking to correct crooked teeth. justSMILE is a preferred Invisalign provider, which means you can trust our dental team to transform your smile. Invisalign is one of the most innovative and affordable orthodontic treatments available today, and gives results similar to traditional braces but without the pain and awkwardness.
Invisalign consists of a series of customized clear aligner trays that are traded out every few weeks to fit the new tooth configuration. Trays can be removed temporarily for when you eat or have a special occasion, like having your photo taken. Your teeth should be brushed before replacing your tray. The aligner trays should be worn for at least 22 hours each day, including while you are asleep.
What Dental Issues Does Invisalign Correct?
Traditional metal braces and Invisalign correct the same issues with your teeth with only two differences. The Invisalign aligner trays are almost invisible and also the aligner trays can be removed before you eat or to brush your teeth.
Invisalign corrects some of these common complaints:
- Overcrowding of teeth, which can also cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth (diastema.)
- Cross bites (when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth).
- Underbite (when the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth).
Benefits of Invisalign
- Almost invisible.
- Can be removed before eating.
- Treatment time (for minor cases) in as little as 90 days.
- No metal wires or brackets.
- Less pain and discomfort than traditional braces.
Both teens and adults like Invisalign, making it a very popular choice. Invisalign allows you to discreetly and comfortably transform your smile. When you call our office for a free consultation, you’ll discover how amazing your smile will become after you complete your short Invisalign treatment.
Dental Implants – Permanent Replacement Teeth
A popular method to replace missing teeth is a dental implant. Dental implants not only replace missing teeth but is also a permanent solution for removable partial or complete dentures. Missing teeth can cause nearby teeth to move. A dental implant can be used for one tooth or several. Missing a tooth can affect the way we eat, talk or smile.
Dental implants are made from an artificial titanium root that is attached to a post that is surgically placed into your upper or lower jaw bone. Our dentists understand how and where to place the implant. The implant teeth look natural and can often enhance or restore your smile, and can last for years.
Why have a Dental Implant?
- Replace one or more missing teeth and support the jaw structure.
- Resolve bite problems or joint pain when teeth have shifted into missing tooth space.
- Restore a confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
Dental Implant Benefits
- Bone loss prevention.
- Look similar to your real teeth.
- Long lasting.
- No special care needed.
- Neighbouring teeth are not impacted.
If you have lost one or more of your teeth due to disease or decay, a dental implant, that looks and feels like your natural teeth, may be a great solution!
Emergency Dental Service in Woollahra
If you are experiencing tooth pain that is becoming worse over time or if you have had a traumatic injury that has damaged your teeth you will need to have quality emergency care. Even though these situations are scary justSMILE is close to hand to get these issues sorted ASAP. Our dental team has the training and experience that is needed to provide you with effective treatments for a variety of urgent situations, while accommodating you as soon as possible.
justSMILE places importance on treating dental emergencies because of the intensity of the pain that is involved. The pain in an emergency can be unbearable as well as distressing. Your appointment will be scheduled as soon as possible. Temporary relief that can prevent further distress may be available to you and our highly experienced office personnel can help you with that information until you are able to make a visit to our clinic. For additional information or instructions on what to do in the meantime, in regards to your dental emergency, please contact our office immediately or contact emergency services if you require hospitalization.
If you are in need of an emergency dentist in Woollahra, please call our office. New patients are always welcomed.
Dental emergencies include:
- A broken tooth.
- Crown falling off.
- Chipped tooth.
- Severe toothache.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold.
There are times that surgery is the only way to eliminate the pain and prevent future dental issues. Dental surgery, although scary, is very routine and almost pain free. The latest advances in dental technology will have most patients back to their normal selves the same day. Some of the more involved surgeries include:
- Wisdom teeth removal might be necessary due to overcrowding or impacted teeth. It’s often recommended prior to having orthodontic treatment.
- Root canals / root canal therapy is performed when a tooth is severely decayed beyond what a regular filling can repair. It’s a relatively painless experience and is a permanent treatment of a diseased tooth root. Root canal therapy is also known as endodontic treatment.
Sleep Apnoea (Snoring) Treatment
If you or a loved one has difficulty getting a good night’s sleep because of snoring or interrupted breathing, you’ll want to look to our specially trained dental team who are experienced with treating sleep apnoea Effective sleep apnoea treatment can reduce and may even eliminate the effects of the obstructive sleep apnoea. Most people who are successfully treated experience increased energy and a healthier mental attitude, not to mention the satisfaction of getting a good night’s rest.
There are a number of different ways to treat sleep apnoea. Your options will depend on how severe your disease is and how it’s affecting you and your lifestyle. Our dentist will be able to provide an option based on your individual needs. In many cases, we recommend an oral appliance called SomnoDent, which is a mandibular advancement splint custom made to fit your teeth and holds your lower jaw in a forward position. This helps to prevent your tongue and the soft tissue in your mouth from falling back and blocking your airway during sleep. Continuous Open Airway Therapy (COAT) is a simple and comfortable way to treat mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnoea.
Getting treatment for snoring is a straightforward process.
- Call for an appointment to see our sleep apnoea dentist.
- If you are a candidate, we’ll refer you to a sleep centre prior to treatment. In some cases, the sleep study is free
- We’ll take an impression of your teeth and have a custom mouthguard made to fit your teeth a couple of weeks later.
- We’ll show you how to use and care for the oral appliance.
- Get a good night’s sleep!
Getting to Our Woollahra Dental Clinic
The practice is across the road from Westfield Bondi Junction, near Syd Enfield Dr, Newland St. It’s also close to Cooper Park and Centennial Park.
- Population (approx.): 7,000
- Geo coordinates: -33.8865, 151.2422
- Postcode: 2025
Nearby Shopping Centres
- Westfield Bondi Junction
Railway Stations Close By
- Woollahra railway station
- Bondi Junction railway station
- Edgecliff railway station
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Bondi Junction is to the south-east.
- Bellevue Hill is 1 km to the north-east.
- Waverley is 2 km to the south-east.
- Elizabeth Bay is 2 km to the north-west.
- Bondi is 2 km to the south-east.
- Darlinghurst is 2 km to the west.
- Surry Hills is 2 km to the west.
- Randwick is 3 km to the south.
- Bondi Beach is 3 km to the east.
- Haymarket is 3 km to the west.
- North Bondi is 3 km to the east.
- Sydney Central Business District is 3 km to the north-west.
- Sydney Girls High School which is on Cnr Anzac Parade and, Cleveland Street.
- Sydney Grammar School which is on College St.
- Sydney Boys High School which is in Moore Park.
- St Vincent’s College.
- St Clare’s College, Waverley which is on 41-51 Carrington Road.
Things to Do and See In Woollahra
- Trumper Park Oval (near Cameron Street and Glebe Street) is a sporting oval in Paddington, named in honour of Victor Trumper.
- Westfield Bondi Junction (near Oxford Street and Waverley Street) is a large, upmarket shopping centre.
- Bishopscourt, Darling Point (near Greenoaks Avenue and South Avenue) is a historic house.
- White City Stadium (Sydney) (near Glenmore Road and Cambridge Lane) is a tennis venue in Rushcutters Bay.