The term ‘laser’ might be synonymous with science fiction
but its real world applications expand beyond that of lightsabers and laser weapons. In fact the use of the laser in the dental profession has more gentle applications than its fictional counterpart.
Laser dentistry offers patients an option that has reduced recovery time, is minimally invasive and allows the dentist to deliver precision. It is a perfect option for those who are anxious when visiting the dentist because at Just Smile near the Sutherland Shire, to accompany our DELight Versa Wave® Dental laser we offer sedation techniques to make it as smooth and comfortable as possible.
What is a DELight Versa Wave® Dental laser?
DELight Versa Wave® Dental Laser is an advanced laser that allows our principal dentist Dr Rammo to abolish tooth decay and bacteria as well as prepare the tooth for restoration and maintain as much as the natural tooth as possible. It is a perfect complement to any dental treatment that requires delicate cleansing or sterilization of the teeth or gums.
So how does a dental laser work?
A dental laser emits a concentrated beam of light due to the reaction between light or electricity exciting electrons in the atoms that release photons creating a chain reaction. The light emitted reacts to the tissue causing it to heat up and it allows dentists the ability to cut and shape obtrusions, bone, gum while sterilizing with heat.
Prevention is better than a cure and at Just Smile we fully support laser dentistry…
Our DELight Versa Wave® Dental laser is utilised to its full potential by providing treatments such as:
- Gum Lifting or gingivectomy: correct an overly gummy, uneven or unattractive smile by cutting and reshaping the gum line to make it more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing.
- Tooth Decay removal: while simultaneously preserving as much as your natural tooth as possible the lasers can remove tooth decay and bacteria, leaving the teeth clean and sterilized.
- Preparation: its ability to sterilize makes it a perfect companion to other forms of dental work such as the maximisation of bonding tooth coloured fillings and cosmetic dental work.
- Periodontal treatment: can alleviate the swelling and infection caused by plaque and periodontal disease.
- Root Canal treatment: the laser can help for the sterilisation of the tooth during a root canal treatment.
DELight Versa Wave® Dental Laser is one of the latest and best dental technologies available so why not visit a dentist who offers the latest innovations? At Just Smile we are all about prevention and we will do whatever we can to help patients before the problem intensifies. Our laser dentistry may not save the universe but it will save our patients from future tooth loss and tooth decay one appointment at a time.